Welcome to The Cherry On Top.
We are having a Creative Team Call and I invite all kinds of scrappers to apply. Hybrid scrappers, cuttable lovers, social media experts, forum lovers, junk journal peeps, mixed media magic makers...our designs can be printed and played with or kept solely digital.
I'll go into further explanation of all of the positions I'd like filled.
- I'm looking specifically for a Facebook Page assistant. Your job will be to share creative work from myself, the team or other credible designers, craft makers, cooking enthusiasts, sewing sweethearts, recipes, craft related freebies, holiday appropriate projects, decor, kids projects...Posts that will engage and inspire our fans, DAILY. These posts may be scheduled.
- Upload weekly new products with a flowery description (if one has not been provided) including links and all Creative Team pages into an album. Having to occasionally upload newer/late pages into the appropriate albums.
- Post ALL advertisements, promotions and freebies from all of TCOT's social media hot spots, including the blog, and FB Group to the Page and test ALL links from all of the weekly blogs.
- Give love to all pages in The Cherry On Top gallery at GingerScraps as well as all TCOT events, challenges, etc.
- Help me keep track of Creative Team posts in the TCOT gallery and post pages in forum feeds on a weekly basis and where applicable.
- I'd love to amp up my layout team a bit with a versatile range of all different kinds of scrappers and project makers. Hybrid hipsters would be very much appreciated as well as cuttable lovers.
- The requirements are fairly simple. There is a two page per month requirement for digital only applicants and one per month for the other scrappers and it is essential that the pages are produced in a timely manner to meet all advertising and forum requirements. Leniency will be granted for non digital end projects. Digital only artists will be required to post in the TCOT gallery at GingerScraps and the TCOT group on FB.
Make sure to read all of the directions in our pretty CT Call announcement, very carefully. Sending all of the required information. Feel free to ask more information via e-mail or PM me in FB.
For now, I'm leaving the call open.
Moving on to our usual. I've got new templates in the shop, page love and a lot of free stuff from all over DigiLand that I want to share with you. We're so glad you are here!
I just love large title pages. I'm a lazy journaler! These can be changed up in so many fun ways and of course, our templates come in png format so they will easily go through your cutting machines. You could also use the "cards" with other templates when you use the png files.
Love Letter Templates
Don'cha just love when you can make pages as pretty as this with FREE stuff?! Hit up the Sweet Shoppe's yearly Free Samples from their very talented designers. I used Flerg's for this page with my bestie from high school.
Last week, I showed you several projects I designed with Key Lime Digi Design's, Kind Heart. It's such a gorgeous kit. Sandy is oozing with talent! Take note to how we are using the cards in different manners. Tip: I've chosen to kind of blend in my cards with the paper that is backing them up, giving it a more subtle appeal. I did add a thin stroke and used my color picker to match it up perfectly with a color from Sandy's kit. Then I also adjusted the opacity of the inner part of the card or the letters. As you can see, the hearts also have their own layer for more customization and each card has its own layer, too.
I really love the way Caro used the cards. She made them really fun and like a journal card might be. Tip: She used subtle patterned paper, then a crafty solid, bold outline for awesome contrast and POW and then finished it off with another light pattern paper for interest. Great idea! Goodies from the GingerScraps Ladies.
Of course Jenni always knows how to add glamour to her pages. I never envisioned the template this way, but it sure did come out awesome! She used the layers of the cards, but switched out the letters. Brilliant! Tip: Use the alphas from the kit you are working with or from your scrappy stash. Designs from Sweet Shoppe.
You might have to play a bit with the cards until they turn out just how you want. I know I did! Once the cards were figured out, these templates scrapped amazingly fast. I really love that. To me that is a huge part of using templates. To speed up the scrapping process is always a plus in my book. Not all of your pages need to take hours to design to look good.
Sweet Shoppe goodies
Audry's cards came out super cool as well. She played with paint, patterns and solid outlines.
More from GingerScraps
Tip: Cindy used like colors for her letters. This will give your cards a more blended look as well.
Cool stuff from Kit Cart Designs.
products from JB Studio
As I look at the above page, I also think that this page might look pretty cool without the background of the card. Tip: Use just the letters! I think that would be awesome.
Cute stuff from Lou!
Theresa's pages are always so much fun and her mom looks like someone I'd very much like to hang out with. Hehehe...Theresa's letters came out really, really great! Tip: Solid, pattern, solid... will give your cards an impactful, cohesive look. Especially if the colors are matched up perfectly. Not too, busy.
I did a template twist challenge in the forum at GingerScraps and I love what others have done. Take a look and see and get inspired, too.
Cool free template that is still available in the GingerScraps forum.
This is our contribution to the GingerScraps iNSD mega Collab. Such a fun, fun template! I think it would make an awesome traditional page, too. Use the pngs from the download files and put them through your cutting machines.
Don't forget our monthly desktop challenge. I used some really fun Commercial Use goodies from LouCee Creations.
I designed some really fun, out of this world templates for this month's Memory Mix at GingerScraps. Theresa played with the templates and I really love the result. How creative and fun?!
Out of This World Monthly Mix and goodies from LouCee Creations
Sunny Summer Templates and goodies from LouCee Creations
Set your notifications for this coming Tuesday. You can get these two packs of templates for just $2 each. They are really unique and a blast to scrap with. A mega bargain at only $2!
Have you heard the news? There is a new designer in town! Heart Made Scrapbooking has opened shop at Scap From France and I played with all of it.
Only You templates from TCOT and This is April
I did add a bevel to some of the elements and some edging from my other templates...Take a look at how I used opacity for my background paper. I'm so, so picky when it comes to backgrounds. Lately, I like something with a lot of paint and or tiny designs with some subtlety. If the designer has not provided a paper that's perfect, I blend papers by using paint and changing up the opacity. It will definitely give your pages a unique look.
Pop over to Spoon Graphics and check out all of Chris's tutorials, freebies...consider signing up for his newsletter so you can stay up to date with all he does. He's top of my list when it comes to digital resources, freebies and especially tutorials.
Did you see this awesome freebie from Spoon Graphics?
Free template/sketch from the group.
We gave this template away last week on the blog. It's still live!
Tomorrow, I'll be back with some serous hybrid awesomeness! I've got a fabulous printable Mother's Day card that you will NOT want to miss. I'm also going to share some of our previous, popular projects with full tutorials that you might be interested in. So, I'll see you there!
I hope we were able to inspire you. If you have questions, if you want to start digital scrapbooking or if you are looking for more social interaction, fun and games, pop over to our group and don't forget we are on Instagram and Pinterest as well. We love all things crafty and share a wide range of projects to keep you busy and bring out your inner creative beast.
Post a Comment